How best to repair this. Tiled floor caved in! Help!

last time I looked the chemical mix was not the same. Cuprinol Clear is formulated for indoor joinery that you want to varnish ot stain afterwards. the Green one is widely considered the best constructional and outdoor preservative. IIRC it contains copper-based chemicals. It is widely available at the same price.

The clear one used IMO to smell worse, but they have changed the foruma so it is not so bad now.

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/wood_preserver_green_overview.html

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/wood_preserver_clear_overview.html

Sponsored Links
Right I see, better get that stuff then Just haven't seen it at any of the hardware stores round here. They all sell the clear one but not the green one.

It only coats the outside of the wood - you want PRESSURE TREATED CCA timber. (why do I bother?)

(why do I bother?)
dunno.

confused-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Appreciate the input and the timber is pressure treated but not CCA, the one I could find only had tanalith E pressure treatment. I wanted to see if there is anything else to prolong it even more.

Tanilized timber is fine. Will last 25 years stuck in soil. Resistant to wet and dry rot, and woodworm. What more could you need?

Hmm OK cheers. Just worried that since this was a platform where it was being used constantly that it would be able to withstand the damp conditions and hold its integrity. Maybe I'm being a little bit too paranoid! :LOL:

Also on the topic of CCA timber would this have been a better alternative than the Tanelised stuff?

Osmose Naturewood high pressure copper based preservative system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back