how best to tile this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first big tiling project i've done - it's going ok.
bathroom is still work in progress - in the pics is the old bath.
I understand you tile down to the bath so you can seal it twice - which isnt a problem but what to i do about the corners?
the tiles i'm using are pretty large (600x300)

you can see in these pics what i mean - i could just use a full tile there i guess ? (brackets for the bath should be ok fixed elsewhere)

eg full tile here ?

DSC00289.JPG

not sure what to do here tho - possibly full tile again ?

DSC00290.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

Sponsored Links
Full tiles where ever you can, it will look so much better.
Use a wet tile saw, you can hire one for the w/end leave it till you know all the cuts you will need.

I'm not too clear on what it is you're asking.
You ideally want to have a larger tile than the comparitively thin sliver you've got over the bath. But it's done now.

caff - you wrote "... bathroom is still work in progress - in the pics is the old bath."

Old bath? Are you going to keep this or swap it for a new one? If a new one why not ease the old one away from all walls and tile behind and lower so you have no cuts and can use full tiles. Keeping the old bath - very carefully (to avoid damaging the enamel) do the above. Take the bath panel off. Some here might suggest you should always tile down onto the bath rim but that means cutting, I think unnecessary in your case.

Is the bath steel or cast iron - it looks chipped already therefore do consider swapping it for a new one. New steel ones are inexpensive.

Sponsored Links
i couldnt really help the thin sliver as i worked from the floor up and they are 600x300 tiles - its worked out well pretty much full tiles from floor to ceiling

yeah its the old cast iron bath - probably dates from the time the house was built (1930s) - i've been meaning to replace it since i moved in - it has seen better days :LOL: :LOL:

i can't put full tiles in some places because of the new bath brackets that hold it to the wall.

i've gone for full tiles as much as possible as suggested - cheers for the help :D

bathroom is used daily so its been a mess around - i've replumbed the bath so it can be moved around easily - hardest job in the world doing a new bathroom with a full time job to go to heh.

some more pics - im pretty pleased with the progress

DSC00290.JPG

DSC00287.JPG

caffey - can't you full tile then fix the new bath brackets over the tiles?

problem is the brackets are L shaped and will stick out above the lip - unless somehow i can turn the brackets around and somehow get in to screw :D
that's a possibility

caffey - what do you mean ... "the brackets are L shaped and will stick out above the lip"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back