How big a splashback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're building a new downstairs loo and have chosen the basin unit which is 415mm wide, but we can't agree about the splash back. One of us wants 2 300 x 300 tiles, the other says we shouldn't exceed the width of the sink. One son says 200mm is high enough, the other says we'll need 300. I'd like mosaic tiles, all others say they wouldn't look right we'd be better with normal tiles.

What's normal for a basin splashback these days? I'd be grateful for some ideas

Sponsored Links
Who's paying for it? That's the one who makes the decision. Sounds like you have too many opinions being thrown around.

Go for what you think looks right - most basins will have tiles that are roughly equal to the width and height no more than the same dimension, so not higher than 415. Most will probably be less, but it's what looks best in your eyes that matters.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for info and pics, very interesting. Now I can try and work out just what I want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back