How big should a hole be for a 4 inch tumble dryer vent hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The council have fitted a new kitchen and they drilled a hole in the side of the cupboard for the tumble dryer vent hose but inside the hole it's full of jagged edges so the pipe won't fit in. I could have filled the edges down but i thought why should i do it and thought i will tell the boy that done it when he comes back. While i was out the boy came back and my girlfriend told him about the hole and while he was fitting the pipe he told her that the pipe has got to be a tight fit and you got to squash the pipe to get it in, so i checked what he has done and the pipes is really squashed in one place and he has left the pipe through the hole but we cannot connect it to the tumble dryer as you cannot turn the pipe as it's to tight in the hole and i don't want to force it as the pipes are only cheaply made now.
Moan over.

Sponsored Links
edit:

ignore all that I wrote before. I thought it was a hole in a wall, not a cupboard. He should have used a jigsaw or a hole saw and the hole should be an easy fit.

sounds to me like he has not used the right tool.

He used a core drill (Thats what he called it) and it was making the wood burn.

it was probably one designed for cutting through brick walls. it would have been the correct tool for that job. Did he drill the wall as well?

somebody has got to squeeze the hose to pull it out of the hole, then open up the hole with a surform or something.

It could be you!

Sponsored Links
The hole should be 10mm bigger than the pipe. Its common for people to just use a standard 100 or 110mm core for 100 or 110mm pipe :rolleyes:

If the hole is too narrow, then you will need to get a narrower pipe or vent kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back