How can I get my Samsung Galaxy GT-i7500 upgraded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHen I got this phone, the firmware was only 1.5. Android and/or samsung didn't release any further upgrades, apart from an upgrade to 1.6, only available in Russia or something. Anyway, using Odin, I somehow managed to get upgraded to Android 1.6 firmware. The problem is that I need to get over Android 2.1 minimum, for most of the apps I use. I have heard of a system called ''GAOSP''. I have googled it and found that the latest GAOSP is Gaosp 3 beta 1. If I can get this onto my smartphone it will run Android 2.6, I think, however, this would stop the camera from working. The camera was half the reason that I chose this phone. The Gaosp 2 Beta 3 option would suit me better. The Camera would work still and I could get Android 2.2. That would be fine.

Can anyone give me a guide of how to do this? I have downloaded the GAOSP 2 Beta 3 Software to my PC, but I have absolutely no clue how to get it onto the smartphone. A dummies guide would be appreciated? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is no dummies guide. It's not ready for use, and never will be, it's a dead project.

Not to worry. I just managed to do it myself. The following link was helpful, but take note that you need to take most of the loose files out of the platform-tools and place them in the tools folder*

* you'll understand better if you are going through the steps.

Also use the actual file names from the items you download as they may be differently(but similar) named from the ones in the instructions in the link.

http://androidforums.com/i7500-all-things-root/72037-easy-guide-update-galaxo-gaosp.html

My i7500 is now running android 2.2 :)

Sponsored Links
Back