How can I identify 3 old braces?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to identify three of my father's old braces used for drilling holes with auger bits. The first one I have some information to work with. Stamped on the brace is: CRAFTSMAN MADE IN U.S.A. It looks like rosewood grips. It is 15" long, 6" Wide, and the interior gap is 5.5". I think the number stamped on it is 88. The wood on the next one also is rosewood. It is 12"long, 6" wide, and the gap is 5". I think the number is 8810. The third one has much darker wood. It is 14" long, 6" wide, and has a 6" gap. The only identification is "No. 31" stamped in the metal. The "o" is raised and underlined. Can anyone help me identify these tools or lead me in the right direction so I can find out more about them? For some reason I am not able to add a picture. Probably my error.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back