how can i level concrete ground ready for an outdoor swimming pool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got this 12ft diameter x 80cm in height, outdoor metal framed swimming pool.
The only possible location is on this 12ft x 12ft slabbed patio. (I say 12ft - when i got it out i measured it as 10ft but the box says 12ft, so that's confusing - unless these things expand?).

Anyway, it slopes by about 10cm (roughly, not measured exactly yet). The instructions say I can allow for 3% tolerance on the slope. Which = about 10cm anyway over 300cm.

So I'm wondering if there's an easy solution to level things out before i fill the pool.

I thought about building a little framed perimeter and filling with sand? I also have these childrens play mats that i was going to use too (because I've about 144 square feet of those available). Although I'm not sure how well these will go on top of the sand. (at the end of the slope there is a shed - landlord's shed so i don't want to put that in jeopardy or the kids).

any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back