How can I replace an oven switch on a Creda M350EWS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the main oven switch/thermostat on a creda M350EWS freestanding cooker.
I have removed all the screws front and rear, plus 2 from each side that I perhaps didn't need to.
I can now raise the back of the ceramic hob from the cooker so that it pivots at the front.
With the back raised 75mm (as far as it will go without doing possible damage), I can now see under the hob and all the controls.
But I cannot free up the front of the hob so that I can lift it to actually replace the part.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
There's two more screws under the consol panel at the front. You need to remove that as well.

Thanks for the reply rocks1
I had removed four screws from under the front of the hob, (2 to remove the lip and 2 under the hob).

The main oven switch failed so that the element is permanently ON. I had to remove the oven feed from the rear connection block so that we could continue to use the hob.
Now my wife will not let me touch it again until after the easter break incase something else goes wrong.
I will try again then, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back