How can I space this out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slight problem after splash back fitted. This socket sits too far in. managed fine with all the other plugs by using longers screws. What can I do to get this to come out further, do I need spacers.

Thanks

IMG_20170129_124300.jpg

Sponsored Links
you can get 3.5 extension pillers depends how far out it is, you may also need to shorten the frame screws too, or you can cut off the round washer and them screws come out and you can use the longer socket screws you have, if the frame "Ears" do not seat on the tiles then with grids i sleeve over the 3.5 screw with 4mm nuts and washers this holds the frame more stable
Edit
I thought that was MK but not sure as the frame looks different

Sponsored Links
Use the longer screws and fit the back plate to the wall so it lines up with the tiles, as it should be. In other words screw it to where it should, and ignore the fact that you can push it in. Fit the cover plate and it should all sort itself out. It may take a couple of attempts to get it exactly right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back