How do I bleed my wet underfloor heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have wet underfloor heating in my kitchen which I had fitted almost two years ago. The first run of tiles get warm, the remainder stay cool.

I've left the heating on for a whole day at a temperature 5'c warmer than the room although the tiles near the back remain cool.

I assume it needs bleeding? Although I have no clue how to do this. Can anyone advise?

I'll post some photographs....

Sponsored Links
Here are the photos...

Attachments

• 20171123_185058.jpg
    20171123_185058.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 479
  • 20171123_185049.jpg
    20171123_185049.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 20171123_185041.jpg
    20171123_185041.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 328
Hi there,

With regards to the pump (is this the part inside the cupbaord?) the right hand pipes are hot and the left pipe is cold at the bottom.

The fl7oor is warm in some areas, not warm in other areas and cold in other areas.

The pump is set to 45'c and I've not changed this setting since it was fitted.

I've programmed the thermostat to 21'c and the room is currently 19'c.

It's a Grundfos UPM3 Auto L. One light is red and the other light is amber.

Any idea how to reset this before I find a local plumber to come and look at the pump? There is an arrow on the front which doesn't seem to do anything when pressed and no other on/off switch that I can see.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The pump is the big black bit. The bit you have set to 45 (altho it looks more like 47) is the circuit water temperature.

Screenshot_20171211-151102.png

Looks like your rotor is blocked based on the info from manual see image above.

You should be able to turn rotor in centre with slotted screwdriver. Hopefully this will break it free, and all will be good. Might need a reset after not sure with these pumps, didn't read the wheel 12mb manual!

Morning, I had plumber take a look at it. He said the de blocking screw is totally destroyed and he'd have to replace the whole pump.

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove a damaged screw rather than replace the whole pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back