How do I connect remotely to Wintex via SmartCom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Texecom Premier Elite 64-W and a SmartCom CEL-0001. After receiving some help from the kind folk here, everything has been working well for the past year or two, including using Texecom connect phone app. I've always connected to Wintex via USB to my PC, but in a moment of inspiration today, I searched and discovered that I should be able to connect to Wintex remotely via the SmartCom. What I have not been able to find is how on earth I do this. Do I need to connect to the panel via USB and change something in Wintex first, or is their a way to connect directly to Wintex remotely. If the latter, I have not been able to find how to do this. Assistance would be most welcome. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Enter a profile in latest version of wintex.

udl passcode required.

then you need to generate an app code for the first time.

Enter a profile in latest version of wintex.

udl passcode required.

then you need to generate an app code for the first time.
Thanks secureiam. Do I need to be connected to the panel via the usb cable to set this up please ? I'm using version 8.2 of Wintex, which I believe is the latest. When I enter the Wintex username and password I use when my PC is connected to the panel via the USB, they are not recognised, if I'm just connected to the internet. I have the Texecom phone app, but I haven't been able to discover how to generate the code and I don't see it as an option.

Sponsored Links
Not sure I follow you.

If the smart com is working then all you need for wintex is the app code less than 60 minutes old and the udl pass code.

So do you engineers code?
Is the smart. On set up and working for Texecom Connect app?

Not sure I follow you.

If the smart com is working then all you need for wintex is the app code less than 60 minutes old and the udl pass code.

So do you engineers code?
Is the smart. On set up and working for Texecom Connect app?
SmartCom is setup and working, secureiam, but I don't know how to obtain an app code from the iOS Texecom Connect app, I can't see an option that would allow this. I do have a UDL passcode and an engineer's code. The PC is connected to the same internet network that the SmartCom connects to via the router.

from panel enter engineers code 7 udl did options yes 4 yes.

Then write number Dione
Menu menu 0 yes

From the app menu, manage users. Add device.
That's wonderful, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thank you.

By following your instructions here secureiam, I've managed to obtain an app code, so thank you again for that. However, when I go into the Manage Users menu on the app, I can't find an option to Add Device, I've attached a screenshot. There is an option to Add Mobile Device (Create App Code for this User), if I click into the Additional User menu. Any idea what I'm missing here please?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-25 at 12.20.10 PM.pdf
    103.6 KB · Views: 154
Thank you! I've now noticed that the power Power On led on the Texecom Connect SmartCom Connect isn't lit, but the Cloud Server Connected and LAN Connected LED's are (the SmartCom Connect is connected to the router via ethernet cable). The odd thing about the Power On led light not being lit, is that the phone app is connecting and I am able to activate/deactivate the alarm using it, as I have just checked this now. I'm now also using a different router, which may have allocated a different ISP to the texe_hub, than that which it was allocated previously, but what I don't know is whether the panel will update this automatically or not. Either way, when I try to log into Wintex on my PC, I can't see the option to connect via SmartCom. Another weekend challenge it seems!

as an engineer I can think of several ways to do this as for easiest that depends on you all would take the same amount of effort.

You set this up?
So if you removed the smart com how would you remove it.

If you then reconnected it how would you do it?

as an engineer I can think of several ways to do this as for easiest that depends on you all would take the same amount of effort.

You set this up?
So if you removed the smart com how would you remove it.

If you then reconnected it how would you do it?
Good question secureiam! It was a few years ago now that I first set everything up.:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back