How do I connect remotely to Wintex via SmartCom?

A quick update for anyone who experiences a similar situation. The power light on the SmartCom no longer needs to be on to indicate that power is being received. I'm now able to login to Wintex remotely via the SmartCom. I didn't realise that my Wintex account details were held locally and it seems that the fact that I was using a different PC to login was the issue, after setting up a new Wintex login and dowloading the information from the panel, all seems to be fine.

Sponsored Links
Wintex has profiles you set up a profile and connect to the panel.

The security certificate is updated and a new version of wintex is released.

If you have the udl passcode in your account and connect via smart com you enter the app code and that should connect.

If it doesn’t the smart com lights should be solid and not flashing, flashing indicates it’s trying to do something. Rapid flashing all lights is it updating.

The lights then go through a sequence and should settle down and an app code for the firmest time is generated from the panel.

After the app is setup you can generate from the panel as you did when you first set up or via the app in manage users.

The texecom cloud needs app code and engineers code.

Things keep changing and you can usually find updates on the lights and functionality versus version updates via texecom website. Changed last when they introduced the 4G smart com for the lights if I recall correctly and that’s some time ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back