Texecom Smartcom CEL -0001 usb connection??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi:)

i now have my wired system up and running so i've moved on to connecting via the smartcom CEL-0001 i purchased from alert electrical.

i have the smartcom setup and can connect and arm/disarm and view status etc

one of assumptions from looking at the smartcom when i bought it was that due to the usb connection on it next to the the other 2 ports, that i would be able to use a usb cable and connect/setup the alarm via wintex.

only today i've noticed that although there is still the usb logo on the orange casing, there is no micro usb connection either, looks the right size aperture, just with no usb conncetion in there.

should there be a connection in there? or does it require some other type of connector? or have i been sold a faulty unit??

Sponsored Links
Face-palm, should of known there'd be a simpler way!

Tbh I did think that was possible, but talked myself out of it after downloading and having a play with winter. All I could see on there was access via com etc which I assumed was by a lead

Will have to have another read, I didn't see anything in the smartcom instruction booklet.

i've had another read of the smartcom and it doesn't really mention wintex apart from saying its a requirement in the bumf, but then never actually mention again in the instructions.

also read the wintex instructions and apart from mentioning COM IP i can't see anywhere else that is close??

any pointers in the right dircetion please? or should i be removing the cat 6 i have connected and connect over wifi instead?

Sponsored Links
edit:

now sorted, incase any other noobs are having the same issue, i had to ensure all the details including the UDL password were up to date in wintex, then an extra "smartcom" option became available in connect.

selected that, then had to generate a code via my phone.

on android (as the steps in wintex are for ios i think) it was

menu - manage users - add mobile device (this then generated a 6 digit code which linked up wintex to my panel etc)

cheers

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back