How do I earth a dual immersion switch?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am installing a dual immersion switch.

The mains + 2 element earth cables do not fit into the switch's earth terminal.

There is an earth terminal in the pattress box. Can I use this and if so which earth cable goes there, the mains or the 2 elements or 1 element?

Sponsored Links
Why not? Three wires are not that big.

Is the switch metal?
There is an earth terminal in the pattress box. Can I use this and if so which earth cable goes there, the mains or the 2 elements or 1 element?
All earth wires must be connected together and to switch if it is metal.

Either all in the same terminal or in a connector block and then another wire to the switch if it is metal.

I am installing a dual immersion switch.

Use a Wago if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for the prompt reply!!

The terminal is metal. Here's a photo.

IMG_20230401_115659147.jpg
IMG_20230401_115659147.jpg

Excuse my ignorance. Which connector do you mean?

I would use a WAGO connector , Easy to use. It is like a busbar.
You will need to put each wire in each connector and another wire to the faceplate (the one you are trying to use for all 3) It's an easy connect like in Post 8
WA615C.JPG

Try eBay or Amazon as you only need one or try your local Hardware/Electrical shop.

Google search link.

You will need to put each wire in each connector and another wire to the faceplate (the one you are trying to use for all 3) It's an easy connect like in Post 8

1680352536166.png

Worth pointing out that that is ONE conector with five terminals.

Unlike this:
1680352445648.png

which is FOUR connectors, each with two terminals

He needs to connect 3 earths and have an earth to the faceplate. As they wont fit in the faceplate.

True, The Pic is a 5 way connector.

But was the only decent Picture I could find. To give an idea of what they looked like, In case the OP didn't know what they looked like (I added a Google link that, as you can see, searches for "4 way WAGO connectors")

Your Pictures seem to show a "Choc Block" which would mean linking them altogether.
Unless they are a busbar, which I have never seen before in that format which will give 8 connections not 4. Can you give me a link, so I can see this new (To Me) "Choc Block" that is a Busbar as I have never seen one before, I could help me out on a few jobs.

Last edited:
I suppose I can use a 5-way Wago or similar with 3+1 cables and leave a port unused?

Sponsored Links
Back