How do I fit a fridge freezer door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One plastic hinge on the door broke. I bought a replacement freezer cabinet door but can't work out how to fit it. How can you remove the pins on each side of the fridge which holds the door in place? Model number is LEC R450WS

Sponsored Links
I don 't know that model, but commonly:

instead of an ordinary hinge, there is a pivot hole in the top surface and the bottom surface of the door, at each side (so you can hang the door either way) and a pivot pin on a plate screwed to the fridge.

You only have to take off the top one to put the door back..

the plate often has its fixing screws concealed behind plastic plugs which hide the screw heads and give a hygienic surface. If you can make out some little circles, about screw-head size, and in the right place, these are probably the plugs. You might be able to lever them out e.g. with a very small screwdriver, or pushing blu-tak onto them and tugging at it; if not you can get them out by drilling a very small hole, driving in a very small woodscrew a fraction of an inch, and pulling the screw.

Sometimes the hinge plate is fastened to the top of the cabinet instead of the edge facing out.

If you look at the other side of the cabinet you may see where the pivot plate can be attached on that side which will tell you where the fixings are (they are symmetrical)

Thanks so much. It took 55 minutes of wheldling out the pins and fiddling with the spring but it eventually worked. Super star!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back