How do i fit this please

Sponsored Links
Yes i have but the ones on you tube have a spring mine came without one and it dont have one listed on the site.

Sponsored Links
Do you have the original part by any chance?
These things normally have either a spring or a screwed clamp, but it would be great to see a close up of the ends on the new one if you can.
John :)

No the original part I don’t have.

Here’s a pic of the new one.

Attachments

• C07714D7-7EF5-4697-903D-4170DF4C27E8.jpeg
    C07714D7-7EF5-4697-903D-4170DF4C27E8.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 140
I imagine that's a flexible rod that will form over the diameter of the drum seal, somewhat similar to old style net curtain rails?
I would assume there is a spring missing, to locate into those hooks.

I see but the spring for this part is no longer available on parts master

Any genius ideas to fit it without.

Model

Hw-c1460tveme-u

I have a mixed box of tension springs (Amazon or whatever) which would probably come to the rescue here.
However, if a spring is needed - and we don’t know for sure- you would think one would be included!

On this type without a spring I get my can of WD40 put the red tube on and from the top squirt it into the groove it's going in to, let it run down and then it's a case of two flat bladed screwdrivers and force it on.

Is it not a really tight fit hence why it won't go on. We are talking about the retaining band that keeps the seal in place to the cabinet.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back