How do I fix it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was working yesterday, but suddenly it stopped. I don't know anything about plumbing!!!?!!

Any ideas?!!!

PS It's my mother's.

Sponsored Links
You know all those posts with the crystal ball image reply....
well here's another... lol

Put some new batteries in it.... :D

Sponsored Links
I already tried a new battery. I didn't have a square one so I bent a round one so that the contacts were at one end. Do you think that's the problem?

I've changed the pump but it didn't cure the problem. Could it be the wiring? My brother did it and said that he'd come back and test it, but he had to go away for a bit and said he'll probably pack in the sparking when he's back. Is this something I could do as I don't really trust any so-called expert to come and fix it and charge me a fortune. A bloke at work said plumbers are just decorators with spanners. No offence.

:!: :!:
Got it.
I bet its white with a clock on the front.
They are easy to fix.

HIT IT HARD WITH A LUMP HAMMER

If that fails hit it again & again & again.

You require a toolkit which consists of the following:-

1) Screwdriver
2)Hammer
3)Condom
4)Scrubbing brush

Then you follow this procedure:-

1)Fix it, if you can't
2)Hit it,if you can't
3)F**k it and if you can't f**k it
4)Scrub round it :LOL:

It was working yesterday, but suddenly it stopped. I don't know anything about plumbing!!!?!!

Any ideas?!!!

PS It's my mother's.

have you checked your plumber for a pulse?

its a well known fact that sometimes its hard to determine death from natural movement.

try offering it a cup of tea, watch for a response, if after 20min there has been no request for biscuits it may well be your plumber may be in need of attention.

in the event the plumber begins to emit pungent odours of decay please remove to a chest freezer and seek a replacement on an internet forum.

My mate who works for a BiG company reckons you need a Powerflush !! :LOL:

have you checked your plumber for a pulse?
Now that you mention it, there's a mild but unmistakable whiff of chickpea.

its a well known fact that sometimes its hard to determine death from natural movement.
There's a gentle vibration - does this mean that it's pumping?

try offering it a cup of tea, watch for a response
Nothing at all, until I turned my back, then there was a barely perceptible noise that sounded like woresthefackingshooga.

in the event the plumber begins to emit pungent odours of decay please remove to a chest freezer and seek a replacement on an internet forum.
Are you kidding? It weighs about 19 stone and has an ar*e crack I could fall into.

biscuits you forgot the biscuits.

warning are you sufficiently experienced to work on a plumber :confused:

Any ideas?!!!

PS It's my mother's.

yep, it is your (half)brother and he works for the council

warning are you sufficiently experienced to work on a plumber :confused:
Well I've carried out a tightness test, and nothing whatsoever escapes, but I have to admit there's a strong smell of gas coming from it. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back