How do i get instant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
have a worcester combi, and always have a long delay before the hot water comes thro.
What do i need to upgrade the existing bioler to permit instant hot water ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing can be done if your boiler is operating correctly.

Most combis take 10-12 seconds for the water to get reasonably warm.

Some have a preheat built in which cuts this to 5-6 seconds or longer if the pipe run to the boiler is significant.

Tony

Hi
have a worcester combi, and always have a long delay before the hot water comes thro.

Thanks

You can add a secondary circulation DHW loop. A loop from combi back to the combi with all DHW taps teed off this. Only if the DHW on the combi is activated by a flow switch only. A bronze pump, two double check valves, a pipe stat, timeclock and heavily insulate the loop.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks

You can add a secondary circulation DHW loop. A loop from combi back to the combi with all DHW taps teed off this. Only if the DHW on the combi is activated by a flow switch only. A bronze pump, two double check valves, a pipe stat, timeclock and heavily insulate the loop.

A secondary loop on a combi ? Sounds like alot of work and wasted gas to me.

Bit like trying to make a petrol car run on diesel. Hmmmmm, I wonder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back