How do I get my hob installation certified

Sponsored Links
wakawaka";p="1780885 said:
oops Wrong forum - and I dont know how to delete it....[/quote ]Lets hope you have more success with your hob :p

What type of hob do you have, gas or electric? Why does it need to certified? Did you install it yourself? Or did you have it installed by a cowboy?

Sponsored Links
Hobs have not needed to be certified since gassafe took over so a few years now.

doesn't "gassafe" only apply to tradesmen installing gas for profit?

while I may get slapped and deleted for saying this, it's possible to install your own gas and not be registered and all perfectly legal, however the install would very likely invalidate any kind of home insurance you have as in the event of a fire etc they'd just blame your DIY install..

having said that, unless you are a skilled gas installer doing your own home then it's STRONGLY advised that you let the professionals do any gas work for you as it's then their fault if your house burns down or blows up due to a faulty install..

consider yourself
both slapped and deleted col

op hasn't mentioned what the fuel is :LOL:

bleedin sparks bugger off back to your own forum :rolleyes: ;)

doesn't "gassafe" only apply to tradesmen installing gas for profit?

while I may get slapped and deleted for saying this, it's possible to install your own gas and not be registered and all perfectly legal, however the install would very likely invalidate any kind of home insurance you have as in the event of a fire etc they'd just blame your DIY install..

having said that, unless you are a skilled gas installer doing your own home then it's STRONGLY advised that you let the professionals do any gas work for you as it's then their fault if your house burns down or blows up due to a faulty install..
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

incorrect soft lad you can only install or work on gas in your own house if you are competent, an to prove you are competent you need to pass ACS.

exept you don't have to prove jack in your own home (soft lad)

problems only arise if there is a prob

so i fit a boiler in my own house
i ain't reg (now )

suddenly 35 years goes out of the window

shoe menders

scaremongering and thats all it is :rolleyes:

never fitted a hoval
but got to know a bit about them from my(dearly departed) sparring partner

beeston and robin hood

beeston where making steamers before the domestic market had combis :LOL:

and i assume your figures are for 2 km long rads ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back