Removing Bayonet fitting to fit gas hob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am renovating my kitchen in my flat. I currently have a standalone gas cooker connected to a bayonet fitting.

I would like to get this bayonet removed so I can fit a built in hob and electric oven.

My question is, as certified trademen, how would you like to tackle this job? Could it all be completed in one, after the cabinets are all built? I.e you would be happy to be working under the worktop in an oven cabinet removing the old bayonet fitting to fit the solid hob pipe?

Or

Would you want to do this job in two parts? Disconnect the old bayonet fitting whilst all units are out, and then come back to connect a solid pipe and isolator to the newly installed worktop and hob? I take it this would double the cost?

Also, I live in a ground floor flat, so I know I need to get a FSD hob (one reason why I am not getting a FSD standalone cooker, since they are so expensive!), but is there anything else I need to be aware of before I get someone in, i.e ventilation regs, etc etc.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if the position of the hob is in the same place as the cooker it should be ok to connect/alter hob after units go in, depending on access to cut pipe etc(ie not jammed next to side of cabinet) ventilation is dependant on room volume and will also require an openable window (or equivilant) <5m3=100cm2, <10m3=50cm2, over 10m3 no vent required.

Brilliant thanks for the reply.
The position of the hob will be in the same space where the bayonet is fitted so it wont be covered by a unit.

My kitchen is about 10 m3, but it has no door on the kitchen. It leads out to a hall way which has an large opening window. I also have a high flow extractor fan in the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back