How do I get paint off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been painting the outside with Dulux Weathershield and managed to get some splatter on the driveway and ladder.

The driveway is red paving brick and the ladder is aluminium. I could use a scapper but neither are mine so it wouldn't go down too well if I left lots of scratches. Someone suggested some warm soapy water and a scourer, but I don't want to end up with a milky smudge.

Any way of getting them sparkling?

Sponsored Links
What kind of weathershield is it? Gloss? Masonry?

Its Dulux Weathershield Smooth Masonry Paint, in cream/yellow

Sponsored Links
Masonry paint takes some getting off - especially on the driveway. It's not guaranteed 15 years for nothing. I've never shifted it with a pressure washer. You have to scrape it off.

You need a better pressure washer Joe-90 :D

Any Karcher with a model number starting with 5 or more should shift it.

I often slop water based paint on my garden slabs.

the hardest to remove is the diluted stuff but that fades away before too long anyway.

If I am on site and i drop masonry paint on the drive I pick up some mud and rub it in before the client sees...

Thanks for that, let you know how I get on. Good to know I picked a paint though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back