How do I get this type of TRV to shut off fully / remove ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A common question i'm sure

but how do I remove the older type of plastic Danfoss TRV so I can remove the radiator for plastering purposes. Its a cream body with a brown end and a plastic fitting with a screw and collar around the pipe.

Would post a pic but not sure how.

Ive tried searching everywhere but can see any relevant info.

Any ideas
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
Not sure if mine are same as yours, but on mine you twist the ring nearest the valve, with the head set to fully open. Quite strong spring resistance. Or telephone Danfoss.

many thanks - I'll try that
there is no visible ring like some trvs though - its more oof an open brown plastic framework , like 3 brown rings close together with open frame between them.

cheers
Pete

I don't recognise the type you describe, but usually there is a biggish nut that nips the thermostatic head, and screws down onto the metal body of the valve.

Sponsored Links
the valve u have is a quite old 15-20yrs + turn the head to max , undo the small screw on the collar then prise the collar away from the rad at a bit of an angle & when its partley off pull the head staight & off.The BIGGER problem is u take off the head the valve is then fully open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back