1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I isolate my Vokera syntesi 35 central heating

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ottosump, 28 Nov 2017.

1. ottosump

ottosump

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi group, I'm replacing a heated towel rail with a new radiator in the bathroom, I'm fitting new TRV & lockshield. My question is, how do I isolate the water supply to the central heating system so I can cut the pipes to suite, hope the picture included is adequate, Take care all!
    Otto, from a sunny West Cumbria
    20171128_151459.jpg

2. Dont turn the boiler flow/return valves,they could leak water :cry:

Drain down the system.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. ottosump

ottosump

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for the prompt reply O&B, how do I turn the water off at the boiler though, won't it just keep filling up?

5. As long as the filling loop is turned off (shut) no water will enter the heating system. It should be already turned to shut.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. vulcancontinental

vulcancontinental

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When you've drained the system and completed the work open the round tap centre of your picture and move the lever on the other end of the braided hose so 'filling loop' is written the right way up. With both these taps open the system will refill. Bleed the radiators as it fills and don't let the pressure rise to high, aim for around 1.2 to 1.5 bar. Perhaps enable some help to turn off the tap if it fills too quickly while you're bleeding the rads.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local