How do I operate this mechanical timer plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Please see attached photos of a mechanical timer plug. Unfortunately I have no instructions and cannot identify the manufacturer.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide guidance on how this plug is operated.

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

• DSC_3113.JPG
    DSC_3113.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_3114.JPG
    DSC_3114.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_3115.JPG
    DSC_3115.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
The small black segements can be moved in and out to "turn the power on & off". Best plug it in and see whether in or out is off or on if that makes sense!

Thanks Chivers, I am having trouble with the dial(s) on the corner (which say 1 and 0)

Thanks Chivers, I am having trouble with the dial(s) on the corner (which say 1 and 0)
The slot in the bit that rotates points at either "1" or "0" to indicate whether the switch is in the "on" or "off" state respectively (i.e. pointing at "1" means "on")

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Best plug it in and see whether in or out is off or on if that makes sense!
No need - just move some of the segments to a different position, rotate it by hand and see what causes the cam in the corner to go from on to off and off to on.

They do not last for ever.
With the stamped number suggesting it dates from 1997, must be worth buying a new one at the supermarket.

They last a very long time if little used and stored well.

When did you go to his house and inspect it, such that you know that discarding it and buying a new one is the right thing to do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back