How do I post a question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have asked questions about DIY on here before but I think the layout of the site has changed since then as I can't find how to post a new question.
I've used the search function with key words and specific questions but can't find a relevant answer.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you go to "forums" then the various sub topics come up.
Then if say, you have a plumbing issue, find the appropriate forum, and up at the top left is an orange button for new threads

Thanks for your response Tiger. Unfortunately, the only sub topics I can see under Forums are Watched Threads, New Posts, Watched Posts and others similar.
I can't see topics relating to specific trades anywhere. It's doing my head in!
Cheers.

Just above the topic thread "how do I post a question" is an advert banner (on mine) then a string of words

<home/forums/general/ forum information>

Click on forums.
Should be a list - lots of people post in the wrong thread and the mods sort it out.

I'm on an iPad so it might look different on a pc but it is similar on a pad to a MacBook laptop so maybe not

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tiger, but as I say the only list of sub topics under forums is Watched Threads, New Posts etc and I've gone through each of these with no success.

Hang on' if you can't find out how to post a new question, then how did you manage to start this thread?????????????????????

You click on forums, then move down past the "general" list of subjects till you get to the"how to" section, and then find the topic that you want to post under and click on that, then you'll notice an orange button on the top of list of threads, and that let's you post a new thread.

Perhaps they are not logged in properly?
Often only a few sub forums are available to unregistered or non logged in people.

If not then there is a problem with the login, perhaps admin can intervene?

Thanks for your response Tiger. Unfortunately, the only sub topics I can see under Forums are Watched Threads, New Posts, Watched Posts and others similar.
I can't see topics relating to specific trades anywhere. It's doing my head in!
Cheers.
So what happens when you click the Forums link?

ScreenHunter_371 Aug. 02 11.27.jpg

Sorry to you guys for not acknowledging your kind responses sooner but every thing has got mad busy for a bit. I will have a try at some of your suggestions soon but for the foreseeable I must focus on some urgent matters. Cheers. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks a million for that Ban-all-sheds.
So when I find the topic needed I then click on "post new thread" and ask away?
I haven't checked since seeing your diagram but I'm sure that avenue wasn't available on my laptop (am typing this on smartphone).
Thanks again all for taking the time.

Sponsored Links
Back