How do I pull these wires out?

Joined
5 Feb 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
17
Location
Salisbury
Country
United Kingdom
The indicator on the wing mirror stopped working. I bought the part and watched a few videos but having got it apart two wires that need to come away from the mirror have stumped me. I'll attach some pictures. I can't work out which direction to pull and don't want to mess it up i did have a bit of a try but nothing happened. It's for a vw b6. Cheers.
IMG-20261005-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20261005-WA0001.jpg
 
You can also insert a very thin screwdriver or the end of a penknife blade for example in the slot and twist it a little to widen it slightly to help it off the terminal.

twist.jpg
 
WD-40 then waggle up and down and pull back from the glass.
You can also insert a very thin screwdriver or the end of a penknife blade for example in the slot and twist it a little to widen it slightly to help it off the terminal.

View attachment 423608
Thanks gents. I still can't tell where its connected. It all seems to be one piece of metal from the wire up to and including the backing of the mirror.
I've just sprayed it. I'll give it a tug in the morning if you'll pardon the expression.
 
Back
Top