How do I remove a Myson Fan Convector heater (slimline)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a house and on the kitchen wall is a slimline Myson fan convector heater - at least that's what I think it is. It is a big brown box with two pipes going in at the bottom and it's own electrical supply. It is a hideous brown box and I am desperate to remove it.

How do I do this? I'm no DIY expert and am concerned about electrocuting myself or flooding the kitchen.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Well if you can't at least disconnect the wire without fear, then I think you'd better call someone in..?
You'll find a radiator of the same output would be huge, by the way.

No, I'm sure I can disconnect the wires but it appears to be plumbed into the central heating system. Can I just cut back the water pipes and cap them? Do I just seal the end of the electrical wire with insulating tape and push it back into the wall cavity and plaster over? How do I isolate the water flow to it?

Any advice please (preferably not sarcastic)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back