Myson IVector Fan Convector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Hope you can help

Just opened up my dining room and kitchen.
I would like to remove the existing Double Panel Rad in the dining room to a Myson Fan Convector (iVector) which was recently given to me by a family member in unused condition.

On reading the literature it states it has to be plumbed into a closed system, mine is vented and requires 15mm pipework for the flow/return where mine looks like 10mm outer diameter.

I have spoken to a couple of tradesman who have said it will work fine while some say i will have flow issues

Can someone confirm and clarify the potential issues please

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only problem could be due to the 10mm existing pipe not giving enough flow through the Myson heat exchanger. Your open vented system (with f+e cistern) will be fine.

I would follow the manufacturers spec,the flow rate on 10mm is likely to be too low, the internal diameter is about 8mm. I agree with Nigel.

Gents

Thanks for the reply, can you offer some further thoughts if possible please. The current flow/return pipes are in the dining room wall (not deep) i think from memory when i removed some boards in my lads bedroom for other reasons the pipe diameter looked like 22mm. Am i correct in thinking i could T into this with 15mm pipework for the I Vector?

Just wondered if the larger pipework may cause balance issues elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The 22 pipes would be running to/from a type of manifold, with the the 10mm rad pipes branching off it. You could T in as you suggest - one each in Flow/return ( not inadvertently in the same pipe;)) then in the 15mm pair put a pair of (good quality) lockshield valves for balancing the system - if needed. The heater may come with ball o fix valves for isolation. I wouldn't rely on these for balancing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back