Myson iVector vs Hi Line fan convectors for Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with the new Myson iVector fan convectors?
iVector info

I'm looking to replace two old rads in my conservatory and am considering either the Myson iVector IV60x140 or the Myson Hi Line RC 20-14.

I have done the full heat loss calcs (using proper software) and the conservatory needs just under 4400W / 15000 BTU, so either of those models should do ok.

The iVector is the newest version (just came out in October) and sounds great, but I'm always a bit leary about being the first one to try a new product - especially when it's around £500.

My understanding is that the Hi-Line should ideally be on a separate circuit. I am wondering if that also applies to the iVectors or not as the site says each one is individually programmable and has a night set back temp - so it sounds more like it has a programmable TRV and may not need to be on a separate circuit like a regular fan convector.

That would be good as the conservatory is not currently on a separate circuit at the moment and I'm not sure how easy it would be change it over.

Any advice appreciated.

System Info: (All Vaillant)
Vaillant ecoTEC 624 plus system boiler - 3-4 years old, just serviced
All the below are new:
Vaillant uniSTOR 260 unvented cylinder
VR65 control centre
VR10 NTC
VRT 392f wireless programmable room control
16 new Stelrad radiators

Rads are all slighly oversized for the rooms. Total KW for rads 19.878KW + ~3KW for DHW = 22.878KW
- does not include conservatory rads

Return temp at the boiler is currently 54 degrees. Rads all heat up ok, but the system is probably not optimally balanced - I'll be addressing that soon.

The pipework to the conservatory is 15mm.

Thanks!

Tim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back