How do I remove old alarm system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just wondered if anyone can tell me how to go about removing the old alarms in my house? There are two boxes and two alarms (???).

One is a Veritas 8 this has sensors on the doors and windows (no PIR).

The other is a Conqueror I think it is for the garage and even though it has power I don't think it works right - I can open the garage while it is set and it does not go off!

I have the manuals for each alarm but neither tell you how to uninstall/remove them. Can anyone please help me? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
turn the mains off, remove any batteries, remove external sounders remove everything else

As Breezer says.

As long as you remove the power from them, any further noise they make through possibly having batteries in the sounders will only last as long as it takes you to get up to it with some tools & cut the wires :D

Brilliant, thanks. I will try that later today - when I know the neighbours are up. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back