Texecom Veritas false alarm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'm having an issue with an alarm I've fitted about two years ago.

It's a Texecom Veritas Excel with PIRs. I can't quite remember if the PIRs are either the AMQD or the AMDT.

There in the past two weeks have been two false alarms from the same zone, fortunately only when on part set. It's a garage with PIR, not facing any windows or heat source. It's been fine for two years up until now.

I plan on checking wiring connections and possibly replacing the sensor.

It's unusual to me, for false alarms on this kit. Can anyone advise me on something I may have missed or something I could try?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi well I be surprised if they are AM versions of detectors as the panel does not support triple eol and they use triple eol.

its only happening when its part set, suggests that something in the house is affecting the detector.

how are the zones programed in full and part set.

Hi, I know I had the two sensors in my mind but couldn't remember which. It may be even Premier Elite QD as I seem to recall it being a quad detector. I'll have to look in the paper work I have to be certain, for information.

The zone is set as a guard zone in either part or full set and no one has been in there.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Here's the plan unless there's other suggestions...

The system is double pole wired, the event log shows it as being zone 3 and no tamper alarms.

I'll check wiring on zone 3 which only has one PIR, the quad detector. I'll open the PIR and make sure no insects have set up camp.

It's a pitch black garage with window blind, so there's no sudden change of light or temperature. There are no heat sources, there's nothing going on in there at all.

If I really can't get to the bottom of this, I could replace the sensor. If it happens again then :?: maybe double knock

:confused:

Replace the detector for a dual tech.

Technically speaking, the quad tech I have should be better at false alarm prevention than the dual tech, wouldn't it really?

Edit: I've misread. You're talking about a Dual Tech sensor, I'm mistaking my quad detector for quad tech. So maybe a dual tech is something which I can try.

dual sensor bettered by quad sensor bettered by dual technology

two detection elements> 4 detection elements, 2 different technologies

can get dam confusing, but dt (dual techs) use microwave and standard pir detection technologies. dual and quad sensors use pir technology. In the simplest terms.

2 years fine, now change the detector technology seems over zealous.

need to try identify the change (better weather then dt may be the answer), but spiders and other issues may be not?

dual sensor bettered by quad sensor bettered by dual technology

two detection elements> 4 detection elements, 2 different technologies

can get dam confusing, but dt (dual techs) use microwave and standard pir detection technologies. dual and quad sensors use pir technology. In the simplest terms.

2 years fine, now change the detector technology seems over zealous.

need to try identify the change (better weather then dt may be the answer), but spiders and other issues may be not?

Thanks for the info.

I went in there yesterday afternoon, checked the log, then opened the sensor. There appeared to be a small red spec, like a micro insect on the inside of the front cover, very very tiny, micro. So I removed the silicone sealant I used to seal the cable entry and re sealed it.

In the meanwhile, I'll find a dual tech compatible with the Veritas Excel. This panel will do dual EOL, but I never quite worked out why triple EOL wasn't compatible, so I'll make sure I find a sensor which isn't TOEL. It's double pole wired at the moment anyway, but as it's the only device on this zone, could always go dual EOL.

the excel will do deol, but all devices need to be wired that way if the option is turned on.

Stick with 4-wire - this won't be the cause of your problem. Triple EOL is for Grade 3 systems that have alarm, tamper and anti-masking outputs. You won't need anti-masking!

Get some "No More Spiders" spray and use it round the detector a couple of times a year. Don't use an acetoxy silicone sealant 'cos the acetic acid it gives off as it cures will rot the internal circuitry - much better to use a dualtech with sealed optics. You could use a Bosch Blue Line Tritech..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back