Texecom Alarm

• Thread starter SaladFingers
  • Start date
S

SaladFingers

I've bought and installed a Texecom Veritas Excel and also bought the AMQD plus PIRs, then found out they aren't compatible with each other.

Can someone reccomend a PIR that will offer me as close to the benefits of the AMQD, but will work with the Veritas Exel?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well the wiring didn't appear to match up from the drawings, then I seached online and found a thread here where someone perhaps had a smiliar situation, so they rang Texecom and were told they're not compatible. Unfortunatley I've not found something telling me what is compatible, which is how I got into this situation in the first place.

Ok, a Honeywell dual tec would be just as good, I've got them in my house and never had a false alarm...

Anything quad or dual tec should suit

Sponsored Links
The texecom reflex PIR ought to be compatible - have used them with the Veritas R8 models before - not using EOL resistors just the old type wiring (12v,0v, alarm pair and tamper pair).

The thing that winds me up is that there are sensors and panels for sale where no one says 'thats not compatible', but I should know what I'm buying - so I look at all literature from texecom and even they have no compatibility chart or advice that a product only works with 'x', leading me to of course assume that a texecom PIR should work with a texecom panel.

Yep, it doesn't help that the manuals are locked out from their website without registering as an installer too.
It is never as simple as assuming that because it is the same make that they will both be compatible, unfortunately it is up to the person ordering to do the checking. Did you buy the PIR from a reputable source? Might be they will take them back in exchange.

if you need anti mask detectors ? but i cant see why as you are using a grade 2 panel you could use the rockonet iwise range as this has a relay output for the antimask or just use the texecom QD standard pir.

Yep, it doesn't help that the manuals are locked out from their website without registering as an installer too.
It is never as simple as assuming that because it is the same make that they will both be compatible, unfortunately it is up to the person ordering to do the checking. Did you buy the PIR from a reputable source? Might be they will take them back in exchange.

Well even with the manual they give no compatibility guide. Just from the terminals I could see it wasn't going to work.

I bought them from alert electrical.

if you need anti mask detectors ? but i cant see why as you are using a grade 2 panel you could use the rockonet iwise range as this has a relay output for the antimask or just use the texecom QD standard pir.

Don't know as theres no information, how would I even know standard qd would work?

Going by the spec of the excel panel the panel will accept the bog standard type of detector (for example) the Texecom Reflex ones.
It also says EOL can be used (10K healthy, 32K fault, open or closed circuit tamper/fault). I believe this involves adding your own resistors to normal detectors but don't quote me on it!!

On the texecom website (although not easily found) here: http://www.texe.com/uk/products/range/motion-detectors/ it gives two detectors under the heading "Veritas Motion Detectors", one being the PIR I said above.

Maybe worth phoning alert electrical and ask if you can swop the detectors for compatible ones?

the standard qd will work as its a standard wired pir if you bought the items all from alert you should be able to send them back.

The thing that winds me up is that there are sensors and panels for sale where no one says 'thats not compatible', but I should know what I'm buying - so I look at all literature from texecom and even they have no compatibility chart or advice that a product only works with 'x', leading me to of course assume that a texecom PIR should work with a texecom panel.
Thats not true.

The Texe web site clearly shows what detector works with what panel.

Thats not true.

The Texe web site clearly shows what detector works with what panel.

Clearly not clearly.

Please show me where.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back