How do I remove the Trevi "new style front cover plate&

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Trevi mixer shower of the type shown in http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/trevi/03.html which is playing up. I can't see how to take it apart. I'm fairly sure I need to remove the front cover plate (item 1 in the referenced drawing), and my strong expectation is that I just lever it off. However, I don't want to scratch up the paint or otherwise spoil its appearance by trying to get it off incorrectly. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
lever it off :eek:
you need to take the flow/temp dial controls off first.

remove the little centre cap.
remove the screws from the centre.
then the controls pull off
then you'll see how the rest comes off.
you need to remove the centre plate as in pic to remove the 2 screws that hold the main plate on.

ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links
First, having inspected underneath the plate, I've decided I must have the Trevi Therm Pre '96 shower mixer (http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/trevi/Therm Pre 96.html). I originally assumed I had the Trevi 300 version because the pre '96 unit shouldn't have a cover plate hiding the screws. I guess the cover plate is a retro fit.

My problem is I can't shift the thermostatic cartridge (item 19 in the drawing). I've put the appropriate size box spanner on it, put the largest screwdriver I have through the holes in the box spanner, and heaved as hard as I dare, and the spanner doesn't shift. I'm frightened of tearing the whole thing off the wall, rupturing the feed pipes in the process, and I'm puzzled that anyone would have tightened it up so hard. Any advice? Or is there no alternative to a longer stronger lever and hoping for the best.

It is a normal right hand thread, I assume?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back