How do i remove this push fit fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Simple question for those who know, but can anyone tell me what brand this push fit fitting is and how i remove it?

I'm refitting a downstairs toilet and came across this fitting when i removed the existing toilet. I don't like push fit and would rather replace with something that doesn't rely on an o ring, but can't work out how to remove it without cutting it off, something i'd rather not do.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I don’t think you can remove those metal push fit fittings so you may have to cut it off. If it was me, I’d leave it.

Brilliant, thanks. Looks like i can substitute a 15mm spanner for the proper removal tool to compress the grab ring.

Sponsored Links
I don’t think you can remove those metal push fit fittings so you may have to cut it off. If it was me, I’d leave it.
If i can't get it off, i will. But i just don't like the concept of relying on a rubber seal that is not over a sink in the long term.

If i can't get it off, i will. But i just don't like the concept of relying on a rubber seal that is not over a sink in the long term.

Lol... How many O ring seals do you think are inside your typical boiler? :whistle:

Lol... How many O ring seals do you think are inside your typical boiler? :whistle:
I take your point, but boilers tend to get replaced more frequently than fixed plumbing and aren't directly connected to the mains. If you get a leak from your heating system, you get a lot less water coming out than a leak on a pipe connected to the mains!

I might be old fashioned in this view, but i'm a diyer so i can afford the extra time to use proper solder and compression fittings.

Edit: except for where i chose to use braided flexi hose for tap connections......Hmmm

Last edited:
O rings were designed to be a serviceable item...not to sit forever under floorboards.
If you're boiler leaks it's visible, accessible and easily repairable.
I've lost count of the floods I've attended from failed pushfit and plastic pipework....far far more than copper systems.

O rings were designed to be a serviceable item...not to sit forever under floorboards.
If you're boiler leaks it's visible, accessible and easily repairable.
I've lost count of the floods I've attended from failed pushfit and plastic pipework....far far more than copper systems.

From limited personal experience - Copper joints if they are going to leak, tend to leak straight away, very minor leaks tend to self seal. Pushfit and plastic I think tend to have more movement, joints wear slightly so less self sealing.

Typically, the pipe is in the wrong place and i’m going to have to move it anyway.

the push fit is going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back