How to remove push fit fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have these older style push fit fittings under my bathroom basin. The grey ones are relatively straight forward to remove, I just push the outer ring in, and pull the pushfit out. However there’s nothing I can do to remove the yellow ones. The outer ring is already pushed in, but they just don’t come out. Any advice?

Attachments

• 81415C8A-8693-44D5-869F-45562A2BD136.jpeg
    81415C8A-8693-44D5-869F-45562A2BD136.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 272
Sponsored Links
Probably scaled up. It's the same technique required but after a time the o-rings get stuck to the pipes. It's not advisable to re-use them once you've removed them so have some replacements handy before you start

Put your palm on the top part of the fitting and curl your fingers round to grasp the bottom ring and push down first, that may be enough to break the bite of the grab ring. The grab ring is probably well bedded in and needs a mm of movement of the pipe inwards to allow it to release properly.

If when it's out there is a black ring around the pipe then the seal is compromised and the fitting needs replaced.

Sponsored Links
That shoulder under the release collar is part of the design of the fitting, it's not a collet .... it's the same design as the modern JG couplers that can't be disassembled, or the stop ends. It's actually the retainer ring that holds the seal below it.

th
th

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back