How Do I Replace a Shower Diverter Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,
as per the title, the bathroom has a Grohe tap/shower fixture w/ a diverter.
tap.jpg

the thing started failing only a few weeks after installation, had it replaced and now, about 2 years later, it's seemingly failing again; when you lift the knob to activate the shower it's getting very reluctant to divert, you have to turn the water flow up higher than usual, and when finished the knob is not lowering correctly. Is it usual for valves to need replacing this often?
anyhow; is it an easy enough job to replace the valve? Do i need any particular tools?
as for the valve, i believe this tap is called a "Eurosmart" as per this link
https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/grohe-eurosmart-bath-shower-tap-deck-mounted-chrome-25105000
(though in google that name comes up w/ quite a few other pics too) so is that "silkmove 56mm cartridge" the thing i need to find and order?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Ring grohe and have a bit of a moan (whilst saying how much you like the product) you might get a good elf and be looked after for nowt :D

Yes, Grohe are usually high quality products. Sort of brassware that you pay good money for in the knowledge that if they go wrong in future, you can get parts to fix. That's the whole point, because buying Chinese junk from B&Q that you can't get spares for is a real pain to keep ripping out and replacing. I would be doing as Dilalio says and having a good moan at Grohe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back