How do I secure this shower mixture cover on the wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a silly quesiton but I've got one of these shower mixers and it keeps popping off the wall, when you press the shower buttons, so water gets behind it.
How can I get it to stay securely on the wall? (I'm thinking silicon it on but not sure it'll work...
IMG_6539 (1).jpeg
IMG_6542 (1).jpeg

Sponsored Links
Clear silicon the top and two sides on the outside ,will stop water going behind and easier to take off if it needs maintained .

Are you sure that back plate is fitted correctly? Looks to me as though it needs reversing. The buttons should protrude through that plate and through the front cover. The edges of the back plate would be gripped by the castellated edges of the cover.

Sponsored Links
It looks to me like it should just be a friction fit over the bit on the wall. But if it keeps falling off I guess it's not been installed quite right or has loosened over time so probably now needs just enough silicone to hold it on the wall.

Last edited:
I misinterpreted your pics.
That video apparently shows the big circular part fixed to the wall with what looks like 4 (nylon?) screws, but I don't see fixing holes in the part you have?

I misinterpreted your pics.
That video apparently shows the big circular part fixed to the wall with what looks like 4 (nylon?) screws, but I don't see fixing holes in the part you have?
Yes I see what you mean! Yes my part does not have it, maybe mine is an earlier model. I did phone the UK hansgrohe helpline but they weren't much help! I dread to think how much a new cover costs, looking at the price of the whole unit £550..

As that circular part will be covered by the other part you could perhaps get the drill out and make a couple of fixing holes in it, then use stainless screws to fix the part to the wall? Just don't put screws through the plumbing/wiring !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back