How do tilers charge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As post, how do tilers charge. I have been property developing and have become an experienced tiler. I am not going to develop another property at the moment and have some friend asking me about working on there houses for them. I have been asked to do a full bathroom refurb for someone, I am trying to put together an estimate and don't know what to charge for tiling. I have 4 walls and a floor to do for them. I guess the bathroom is about 3x4 meters and the floor to ceiling height is about 8 feet

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I used to charge by daily rate. As you say, you've become an experienced tiler so you should be able to look at a job and say how long it will take you. If you want £150 a day and the job looks like it'll take you 3 days you charge £450 plus materials. You could add a little on for any unforseen circumstances if you wish.
The only thing I measured walls/floor areas for was for buying materials, not for arriving at a labour charge. It depends on, how flat the surface is, size of tile and any obstacles you need to tile around/under. This varies from job to job so it's not really applicable to charge per metre unless you're talking about a very large area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back