How do yo plasterers protect customers carpet floors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Whats the general protection you guys use when plastering a room thats carpeted and they are keeping it?

Remove the carpet.
Just put sheets down.
Use sticky floor protector.
Put the protection boards down.
Put hardboard down.
Other.
Nothing - i dont drop any plaster.

A plasterer i have worked with says they always roll up the carpets and tell the customer to get it re fitted. I dont know what type of jobs they are doing and how they get away with that.

Sponsored Links
I would never ask a customer to lift a carpet. I normally cover the carpet with good clean 3 metre square sheets, and then put my sheets on top. In all the years that i've been a plasterer, i've never made a mess of anyones carpet. Another thing is,, always take your shoes off when going out of the room, and always tell the customer to check THEIR shoes if they come in to the room and then go out again. I always tell the customer, that if there's any plaster on any other carpets in the house, they've put it there, not me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back