Best way to clear up after plastering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I know you are going to tell me the plaster should have done this as he was going along. He didn't because my hubby told him not to bother and he would do it!!

Generally, shouldn't plasterers put plastic sheeting down on top of the floor boards?

Anyway I'm not crying after spilt milk but what is the best way of getting plaster off of floorboards/sub floor?

Many thanks
George

Sponsored Links
I've used a Garden Hoe in the past to remove the larger stuff, saves crawling round on your hands and knees with a scraper.

I've used a Garden Hoe in the past to remove the larger stuff, saves crawling round on your hands and knees with a scraper.

I don't think I will try that one. I don't fancy having water dripping through the new ceilings lol.

Sponsored Links
You could spray the areas where the "snots" are with a little hand sprayer with water in, then put some paper towels over the areas and spray the towels and leave for an hour or so then just take the towels off and scrape the plaster up..Make sure you leave it long enough for the water to soak in and loosen the plaster..There is no need to drown the area with water!!! Good luck,,..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back