Any Plasterers available in Southampton for immiediate start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it is an extreme longshot, but I have just been let down by my plasterer. He agreed to dryline, plaster and screed my extension and be complete by next Friday. He's boarded the ceilings, most of the bulkhead steel encasements but left the plastering and screeding. He started not turning up last week (after a few days work), but told me only yesterday that he would be back next Tuesday for 4 days to do the plastering. Then I get an email this morning saying he is "committed on another job" and can't come back until later the week after, which is too late for me to finish before Christmas (despite the phone call yesterday!) Quite honestly I now don't trust him to turn up then anyway.

Sorry to rabbit on, but if there are any plasterers in the Southampton area who are free next week, I might have some work for you! I have all materials here.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, forgot to say, just post here and i'm sure we can get in touch.

I hope i'm not flouting any forum rules either - apologies if I am.

Try "Stevethespreader", he lives in Portsmouth.
I don't think you're flouting any rules at all, it's only when people flout the advertising rules that upsets the mod's,,,, quite right too ,
If Steve doesn't reply on here soon, i'll send him a text..

Sponsored Links
I've sent Steve a text Benny. There was a time many moons ago I could have helped as i was born in Winchester, and grew up in Gosport/Fareham. I'm a Hampshire Hog, and proud of it.. ;)

I've sent Steve a text Benny. There was a time many moons ago I could have helped as i was born in Winchester, and grew up in Gosport/Fareham. I'm a Hampshire Hog, and proud of it.. ;)

And I always thought you were a "Sweaty Sock" R.C. ;)

not sure how much a rush you are in but im not free till next Monday 2nd dec, also as I have bad knees I don't do floor screeds but the site im on at the moment has another spread on there that's agreed to come and do the floor screed the balls in your court you can get another spread in to get it done quicker or wait

Nope,,, there ya go Roy,, i'm a Hampshire Hog through and through mucca,, that's me. :LOL:

I've lived up here in Lossiemouth now for 45 years this year. I love it up here and would never move away, but i also love Hampshire, the place where i grew up and where i learnt to plaster. I'm still a Sassenach Alastair, but they've let me off. :LOL:

Apologies for the late reply Gents, I was out last night.

Steve, that is great. Would you like to look at the works to provide a price? I'm sorry I don't know how to post messages (a newbie to this forum), but I have seen the rules on not posting contact details? Any suggestions on how to make contact would be appreciated.

Roughcaster, thanks for that. I too am a Winchester lad, Stanmore born and bred!

Ah but Steve, born in Winchester, grew up Gosport/Fareham,, Bridgemary to be exact, still a PO13 postcode though. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back