Any Plasterers available in Southampton for immiediate start

Ah but Steve, born in Winchester, grew up Gosport/Fareham,, Bridgemary to be exact, ;)
bridgemary is pompey if that where you grew up your a pompey boy btw they have pulled a lot of bridgemary down and are replacing with really cheap housing all walls even corridors are partitions the estate is being populated with new families horrible places if you ask me

Sponsored Links
We used to live at 166, Tukes Avenue, Bridgemary, Gosport, Hants. It was a brand new council house when we moved into it around 1950/51. I quite often look at it on Google Streetview. Loads and loads and loads of happy memories of that house, plus all the neighbours and their families. Happy Days. ;)

yeah its most of the flats that have ben pulled down replaced by more flats I was up that way today at bridgemary school carboot sale wych lane looks a good place tell you what ill take a pic of me standing outside you old house lol when im up that way next

there you steve ait of graft before xmas must be better then that army base
iv seen steave work and its good he came and helped on one of my plastering jobs id of jumped on the sceed how big is it?

Sponsored Links
yeah its most of the flats that have ben pulled down replaced by more flats I was up that way today at bridgemary school carboot sale wych lane looks a good place tell you what ill take a pic of me standing outside you old house lol when im up that way next

I used to go to the former Bridgemary Secondary Modern School in Wych Lane. That's the ex school at the far end of Wych Lane,, near to the Wych Way Inn pub which is now a shop. My sister and her family live in Wych Lane too, near Kent Road. Small world. It'll be good seeing you outside 166, Tukes Ave. :D

Benny,, Steve has left you a private message. Just click on "messages",, just below the menu along the top of the page. Log in first though to access it.

yep lol nice sunny day for the carboot that was just up the road and I had enough time for a quick pic I just hoped I got the number right because I done it from memory it looks like a nice house

Wow,, cheers for that Steve, as good as your word as Roy said. Yep, that house, 166, Tukes Avenue, Bridgemary, was where we lived from about 1951/52, until 1967. It still looks good today. It was brand new when we moved in. I've seen it a good few times when we've been down there. My sister and her family l've just around the corner in Wych Lane.
As i said, i also Google Earth it now and again. From the outside, it hasn't changed a bit, apart from the new windows/door, front garden which had a hedge around it, and a lawn. All the walls inside were solid and plastered. The outside walls are facing brick, with tyrolean finish above. There was no central heating then, just a small coke fire in the dining room which heated the water for the bath etc. In the living room, we had a coal fire, and also a small coal fire in the bedroom above the living room. We did have gas, but only for the cooker. They were great days ,we all had very little or nothing, but we were all happy.
Thanks again Steve.. ;)

hi rc np looks like it may be a private house now they may have bought it off the council as it don't look council now but yeah I said I would do the pic lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back