Plastering rooms with decent carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Shortly moving house to my next project.
Previously I've always taken up carpets and disposed of them as part of the room refurb, but this time some will be worth keeping.

What are the opinions when plastering full rooms that have a decent carpet down?
I can imagine the pros doing domestic work may find this frequently.
Is the carpet carefully removed from the room and refitted after? I can imagine it won't fit as well after. Or is it adequately protected when sheeted over with polythene, dust sheets and edges taped to skirting boards etc?

Advice appreciated as always.

Sponsored Links
Get it taken up and relaid by an experienced carpet fitter. It should fit just as well (and possibly even better, if it has stretched or ruckled it will benefit from refitting).

Hi bud on the move again? As you know I was site plasterer but would come across floors already fitted and they would be protected with correx I would sometimes takes some home for private jobs you tape them together with gaffer tape and cut to fit room then your carpets are totally protected don't by them here though I've seen them on e bay for about £1.50 a sheet they are totally reusable http://universalsitesupplies.co.uk/universal-board-2-mm-black.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back