How do you connect LV under cupboard lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering how you guys do this...

I am in the process of installing some under cupboard lights and have so far done the following.

I have lifted the boards upstairs and run some 1.5 Twin & Earth through to the top of the cupboard, and also run some between the switch and the cupboard for switching.

No problem with how to connect it all up, just a query regarding the method of connecting the massive 5" of flex that comes out of the LV transformer. I was thinking that best approach would be to use a standard ceiling rose and connect it as if it were a normal light fitting.

What is the normal method of connecting these things??

Thanks in advance.
Merv

Sponsored Links
T&E into single gang patress to suit the situation (that might be flush, surface, or cavity, etc), then stick a flex outlet plate onto it, cut the flex to correct length, join flex to T&E with terminal blocks inside patress, make sure flex is secured in cable grip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back