how do you do it

P

plstering

come on lads best ways of sweeting soldering pipes then how do you do it
some do it one way and some do it nuther whats your way of doing things
im ff too essex next weekend and im a bit out of tuch with things
like beast gas for my supperfire flux think its lead free solder and the best way of doing it as im fitting a new bathroom for my m8 he wants to use push fitting but i just dont trust them its all 15mm i plan to use flexi tap pipes and iso valves on the lot
dont know what flux to get fernox powerflow flux lead free la-co lead free flux or screwfix own brand and is it lead free solder on copper pipe

Sponsored Links
Have a look at you tube, at least you can see what's going on and how different plumbers do it.

Andy

I hope your plumbing skills are better than your literacy ones. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I prefer Laco flux, but Powerflux is fine.

Should :) be lead free solder on potable water, ie. pipes to kitchen sink or bathroom basin.

Sorry, but your post hardly fuells us with confidence that you would be able to do this work I would be wary of offering to do a job you are clearly incapable of doing do yourself a favour and come clean with your mate that you aint really a plumber!! :rolleyes:

He might be an eastern European one.
That would partly explain his post. :LOL: :LOL:

all i said that im not up too scrach at the mo thats all iv solderd loads of joints in the past but its bin some time since thats all and im not up tio date with all the diffrent fluxs out there as i was in trade point and theres loads and i was asking whats best as all i used to use was fernox
and lead free solder and iv fitted loads of bathrooms and kitchens
in the past my m8 wanted to use compression fitings on the lot

all i said that im not up too scrach at the mo thats all iv solderd loads of joints in the past but its bin some time since thats all and im not up tio date with all the diffrent fluxs out there as i was in trade point and theres loads and i was asking whats best as all i used to use was fernox
and lead free solder and iv fitted loads of bathrooms and kitchens
in the past my m8 wanted to use compression fitings on the lot

For easiness I would use Yorkshire fittings it leaves less room for bad joints for the part time plumber (no disrespect)

Soldering pipes is like riding a bike you don't forget how to do it??!

As long as you are up to date with building regs and Water Regs you should be able to figure it all out! ;)

DSC00716.jpg

just finished the plumbing in the wendy house off to to the shop for a bottle of milk

OK, she's got the job.....

Having recently visited "Toys R Us" Copper fittings and pipe is still cheaper than Lego.... Guess what the kids are getting this year. :D

Even that last picture does not meet current safety standards!

Handling copper with bare hands is not very safe.

I can remember when I was about 8 years and my father did something with copper and got some kind of poisoning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back