How do you heat a pool room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need to provide background heat to an endless pool (6 x 3m) in a 10 x 4m wooden, very well insulated pool house.

What I think I want is to be able to rapidly heat it (the space, not the pool) when it's going to be used rather than keep it continuously up to temperature, unless that might be more efficient. The pool will be heated with 60 solar tubes in summer and electricity in winter. Their is no possibility of running it from the main house CH, though there isa 60A cable run out to the garage a metre away.

I think I want electric rads but am unable to find any that do not have built in stats which would obviously not be practical near a pool. Is anybody aware of such things that could be used and controlled by a remote stat?

Alternatively, I'm wondering about those infrared heaters that microwave your body but not the air. Are they effective (especially when you're not wearing clothes?) :D

Steth

Sponsored Links
How about condensation, the air temperature must be 2c higher than the pool water

Sponsored Links
from the private pools ive seen they have been direct fired gas heaters. As usually big house we service them as BG wont touch them etc..

As for all the other stuff i have no idea :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back