how do you increase the pressure in a worcester combi boiler

lks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please explain to me how to top up the pressure on a worcester combination boiler. i have tried turning the red knob with bar written on it and it seemed to lower the pressure further. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
no. its got 80ic written on the front. i dont have a manual as the builders took it when they installed it and havent given it to me even thou it has been requested.

sorry mate never heard of it and cant find any info

try looking underneath is there a hole where a key would fit
has it got a silver braided pipe connecting two copper pipes :?:

cant see a hole where a key would fit. there is a silver braided pipe connecting a copper pipe to the bar dial.

If it is anything like the Worcester Bosch 24CDi RSF you take off the grid on the bottom of the boiler, insert the white T shaped key supplied into the hole at the left hand front and turn it a quarter turn until it locks, then turn the little grey knob anticlockwise which lets the water into the system, and watch the pressure rise on the gauge until it is about 1.5Bar with the system running.

Then close the small water valve, not too tight or you might burst it as it is quite delicate, and withdraw the key again till the next time.

I am an expert at this as I had to do it evey 10 days until Scottish Gas fixed the leak in a pipe. The stuff they used was like Radweld that you use on car radiators, or am I going back too many years?

If I can give any more assistance, dont' hesitate to ask.

On the benchmark logbook which came with your boiler it will have your installers corgi number and corgi serial number and make model serial number of your boiler, and next to where YOU will have signed to take possesion of it, it says they have left all the relevant installation/users instructions with YOU next to where you signed your name, now again from the beggining, what make and model is this worcester boiler ????

I have a 28i and there is a flexi hose under the boiler linking two pipes with a tap at each end of the flexi hose. I open both taps and watch the pressure dial closing them when the pressure rises enough. (On mine it's between 1.5 and 2)

Well!!!!!!!!!!!! have you managed it or what!!! and what boiler is it and did you dig out your installation/user instructions ????????????

Tha poster has a braided filler loop if you read his reply.

God knows what boiler it is though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back