How do you join upvc guttering to asbestos guttering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Im about to do the guttering for someone on their semi, however the back of the house has a stretch that is old asbestos guttering that runs right across both houses.
We have arranged for a company to remove it however i will need to connect the new upvc guttering to the neighbours asbestos.
The join will be at the running outlet as the downpipe is in the middle between the two houses. So one side of the outlet to connect to the neighbours asbestos, the other side of the outlet to connect to the upvc as normal.

I was planning on using sikaflex EBT+ sealant and simply "gluing" the 2 parts together however im worried about the old and new guttering being slightly different sizes, i wont know until the old guttering is removed. Plus im also concerned as it will be a bit of a bodge and i hate bodging things.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it’s into the outlet then gunk it and bodge it. Ensure a support bracket is as close to the outlet as possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back