How do you measure a curved shower door replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_5307.JPG
So my shower door needs replacing, someone told me it's not the door that you measure but the shower tray. Is this correct? I have measured the width from back wall along the side of the tray and diameter from middle of tray all the way down. This gives me 770mm width and 1000mm diameter. I can't for the life of me find a curved shower door with these dimensions. I have included a picture and would appreciate your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Homervanderjazz, good evening.

Is there any chance that you can locate a manufacturers name? code Number or such on the screen?

Such things are well hidden in odd corners and not easy to find.

As for trawling the net to locate a match?? WOW.

What I have seen over time is that All the glossy at times brash Sales outlets, [All of them] tend to Punt the "New" product. OK fine, But??

The supplier tends to undertake a Production "Run" of [especially with High cost items] of limited numbers, say a few dozen to a few hundred.

Result is that there are fairly few outlets that at one time sold the "product" [ and to the Producer, that is exactly what it is] with a very limited so-called after Sale back up, result is that unless you know exactly what "Product" you have installed your Quest is next to impossible, sorry about that

For Example, I visited an Insurance Claim where a leak from the Bathroom above damaged a Shower cubical in the En-suit below, OK a standard Insurance claim??

But,

The damaged En-Suit Shower had been sold as an all singing, all dancing with bells and Buzzers, push button electronic control for Heat, a Radio. and push button lighting control, Etc. Etc Etc.

As I recall the Shower cubical and tray had a purchase value of well over £ 2,599.

But.

The unit was "Obsolete" in that [after a load of Research there had been 500 such units made and sent worldwide} result no replacement parts, and certainly no chance of any replacement parts, they were one off.

Sorry about my rant.

You may possibly need to source a replacement curved screen to match the tray?

Ken.

Homervanderjazz, good evening.

Is there any chance that you can locate a manufacturers name? code Number or such on the screen?

Such things are well hidden in odd corners and not easy to find.

As for trawling the net to locate a match?? WOW.

What I have seen over time is that All the glossy at times brash Sales outlets, [All of them] tend to Punt the "New" product. OK fine, But??

The supplier tends to undertake a Production "Run" of [especially with High cost items] of limited numbers, say a few dozen to a few hundred.

Result is that there are fairly few outlets that at one time sold the "product" [ and to the Producer, that is exactly what it is] with a very limited so-called after Sale back up, result is that unless you know exactly what "Product" you have installed your Quest is next to impossible, sorry about that

For Example, I visited an Insurance Claim where a leak from the Bathroom above damaged a Shower cubical in the En-suit below, OK a standard Insurance claim??

But,

The damaged En-Suit Shower had been sold as an all singing, all dancing with bells and Buzzers, push button electronic control for Heat, a Radio. and push button lighting control, Etc. Etc Etc.

As I recall the Shower cubical and tray had a purchase value of well over £ 2,599.

But.

The unit was "Obsolete" in that [after a load of Research there had been 500 such units made and sent worldwide} result no replacement parts, and certainly no chance of any replacement parts, they were one off.

Sorry about my rant.

You may possibly need to source a replacement curved screen to match the tray?

Ken.

Are you advising to get a new shower tray that goes with a new door, would that be best? Should the hole in the tray be at the same point the current one is or would that not matter?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back