How do you reach the trap on this basin pedestal?

Sponsored Links
I suspect the pedestal doesn't actually fit as close to the wall as the pic suggests. There would normally be enough clearance to reach the trap, although it's often difficult. Personally I would fit the basin high enough on the wall to allow the pedestal to be slid out for access to the trap.

Sponsored Links
I suspect the pedestal doesn't actually fit as close to the wall as the pic suggests. There would normally be enough clearance to reach the trap, although it's often difficult. Personally I would fit the basin high enough on the wall to allow the pedestal to be slid out for access to the trap.

Thanks, Chris. Actually, I cheated just a little because the basin I originally saw came from one of the sheds (and it was completely flush with the wall) but because I'm not convinced of shed quality, I searched out another that looked the same. Btw, the reason I like the look of these pedestals is that when you come through the bathroom door, the basin is sideways-on, so witha normal basin you'd see all the pipes.

This is a place I want to sell on quite soon.
Someone doing up a house to sell who's concerned about access to the basin trap for cleaning? :eek:

Good point but I'll be living in it for a while myself and you never know. But yes, I am probably being very silly. You might say the same about avoiding the sheds but I bought a kitchen tap from one of them about 6 months ago and the handle bit is already loose. Likewise a plug for a basin - in just a few months the chrome had flaked off. So now I'm suspicious of everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back